Tuesday 9 February 2016

Initial commit...

Hey there. Welcome.

My name's JT and I'm a sysadmin.

A wise man once said that:

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."1
...and the longer I do this job the more I think he was probably right, so if I seem angry - that's why.

It's not the only reason. There's a lot about this business that seems designed to drive perfectly normal people insane. The continued existence of vi, for example. Or emacs, for that matter... but that's for another time.

Right now this is me telling you what this blog is about; and what it's about is mostly going to be posting tutorials explaining how to do things that really shouldn't be hard but are because NO ONE BOTHERED TO BLOODY DOCUMENT THEM PROPERLY.

Consider it a public service.

With shouting.